In the category of bio-light, since the light-receiving body is basically the light-radiation response on the microscopic level, this response is related to the energy of the light, and the smallest unit of the energy that expresses the light is the light quantum (referred to as photon), which is a biological quantum metric system. The preferred measure dimension for light.
Basic concept points of photon
1) Light quantum, abbreviated as photon, is a standard boson with a spin of 1.
2) Photons are substances created in hypothetical theory, the smallest unit of radiant energy, photons are the carriers of electromagnetic radiation, and photons can explain the photoelectric effect.
3) Photons use HC / λ to represent energy. It can also be said that photons are HC / λ. The smaller the wavelength, the larger the photon energy.
Where: H is the Planck constant, C is the speed of light, and λ is the wavelength.
4) Photons propagate in the vacuum at the speed of light. Classical electromagnetic theory defines the photon rest mass to be zero.
5) Photons have energy, momentum, mass, energy conservation, and momentum conservation.
6) The photon radius and mass are smaller than electrons, protons and neutrons.
7) Photons have a releasing effect, a changing action, a traversing action and a super-crossing action, which cause a photoreceptor response.
8) Photons carry energy but no charge, and its antiparticle is itself.
9) Photons have wave-particle duality, that is, photons are both particles and waves.
10) The electromagnetic field is composed of photons, and the photons transmit electromagnetic interactions. Photons with wavelengths of 400-700 nm produce visible light.
11) Photons only transmit quantized energy, and the energy propagation of light is discontinuous.
12) The wavelength of the photon determines the energy of the photon.
13) For plants, the energy carried by photons can produce photosynthesis.
14) For organisms with visual cells, the energy carried by photons can stimulate photoreceptors and produce a visual effect.
The origin of the photon concept
Einstein proposed the concept of light quantum from 1905 to 1917. Einstein believed that light itself was quantized; and explained the photoelectric effect with light quantum, so he won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1921 and was officially named Photon in 1926. Photon).
Einstein believes that electromagnetic radiation is a discontinuous transmission of energy, which is a discontinuous process in the process of propagation or in the atomic emission and absorption of light quantum; this piece of energy ( Hc/λ) can be defined by quantization.
Photon effect of bio-light
The definition of bio-light is 400-700 nm, which is in line with the needs of most photo-bio-radiation. The response of animals and plants to bio-light occurs on the photoreceptors. The response of these photo-receptors to light is microscopic. For example, chloroplasts, visual cells, etc., their response to light is the energy response to photons, which is also the same research on plant lamps, fishlights, medical lamps, and farming lamps.
How to measure the number of photons
The radius of the photon is very small, about 3am, which is equivalent to 3 trillionths of a millimeter. So using the number of photons to make the photon value is very large, you need to quote a set of units to measure, physically describe the material composition. When the basic unit is such as a molecule, an ion, a photon, etc., it is usually expressed in terms of molar amount, and the molar amount is composed of a basic particle of 6.022 × 10 ^ 23 substances.
Indicates that the number of photons is expressed in terms of molar amount; Moore is a unit of aggregation, not the number of photons.
The molar amount unit is: mole (mol).
If the unit of mole is large, it can be expressed in micromolar.
1 mole (mol) = 1,000,000 micromolar (μmol).
One micromolar (μmol) contains 60 billion photons.
In the photon measurement of bio-light, if the micromolar unit is still large, picomoles (pmol) can also be used to represent the photon collection.
It is sufficient to use micromolar for animals and plants on land, and picomoles can be used for underwater organisms.
Fisheye visual cell
The research in the microscopic field is very complicated. Some mechanisms cannot even solve with classical physics. The emergence of quantum mechanics has brought new approaches to microscopic research. The development of modern physics shows that quantum mechanics is the understanding and understanding of the microcosm. basis. My opinion is that the study of bioluminescence response using quantum mechanical methods is a reasonable approach.